Here’s a delicious cold soup to enjoy on a hot summer’s day…Watermelon & Tomato Gazpacho. Support your local farmers market and enjoy fresh seasonal flavors of garden ripe tomatoes and summertime’s favorite…watermelon. What a combo 🙂
⇒ Better yet...did you know that you can grow watermelon and tomatoes on a patio or deck? Yup. Please read my product review on The Garden Patch Grow Box. You’re gonna want one…trust me.
- 1/4 Small seedless watermelon, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2-3 Large beefsteak tomatoes, cored, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 Organic seedless cucumber, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/2 Jalapeño chili pepper, seeded and cut into chunks
⇒ Be careful seeding the Jalapeño. Wear gloves if you have them, don’t touch your eyes and wash hands immediately after.
- 1/4 bunch flat leaf parsley, washed and chopped
- 1/4 bunch cilantro, washed and chopped
- 1/2 Quart V8 vegetable juice
⇒V8 juice has much more flavor and nutrients than plain tomato juice.
- 4 Shakes of hot sauce, or to taste
- 1 1/2 Tbls Sherry vinegar or Balsamic vinegar
- Fresh lime juice from 1/2 lime
- 1/2 Tsp Dijon mustard
- S&P to taste
- Plan Ahead… combine the watermelon, tomatoes, cucumber, parsley, pepper and cilantro into a large blow. Pour the liquid ingredients over the top, add a dash of S&P and let stand and marinate for 2-3 hours in the refrigerator.
- When ready to prepare, pour the soup mixture into a food processor and pulse until you reach the desired consistency.
Serve cold and garnish with a sprig of parsley or a diced avocados, if desired.
I hope you enjoy this delicious cold soup as much as I do. I welcome your feedback and comments below. Have a question or special request? I’ll be happy to help you find a recipe or answer.