This skirt steak recipe makes a fabulous presentation. Skirt steak is very affordable and after grilling it to perfection, you top it with blue cheese butter. How good does that sound? As the steak “rests” allowing the juices to redistribute, the blue cheese butter slowly melts over the hot meat. Slice it against the grain, arrange on a platter and take your first bite…it almost melts in your mouth. Can’t get any better than this. Try it, you’re gonna love it.
- 1 1/2 – 2 Lbs skirt steak (If you can’t find skirt steak, use flank steak)
- EVOO for drizzling
- Steak seasoning such as Montreal Seasoning by McCormick
- 4 Tbls butter, softened
- 1/2 Cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 Tbls chopped fresh chives, optional
- Heat the grill (or grill pan) over high heat.
- Bring the steak to room temperature and drizzle with EVOO. Season with steak seasoning.
- Grill steak 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, mix the butter with the blue cheese and chives.
- Remove steak and let “rest” 5 minutes on a cutting board
- Top the warm steak with small scoops of the blue cheese butter. It will melt down over the steak.
- Slice the steak very thin against the grain.
This goes great with mashed Yukon Gold potatoes or click here to try one of my 10 Best Potato Recipes. Add a vegetable and side salad and you’ve got yourself a fantastic dinner.
I welcome your feedback and comments. Have a question or specific recipe request? I’ll be happy to research and find an answer.