If you enjoy the taste of garlic…you are going to love the taste of roasted garlic even more.
- Slice off the top of a head of garlic
- Place it on a piece of aluminum foil, large enough to fold up around the garlic head.
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil all over the top and sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
- Fold the aluminum foil up over and around the garlic head and twist the ends to secure the bundle.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let the bundle cool to room temperature before you try to touch the garlic…it’s hot!
- Open the bundle and squeeze each garlic clove out onto a dish.
⇒ Pop one of these babies in your mouth…YUM! You can mash and serve on bread, add it as a topping on pizza, or mash it and add to butter for an outstanding spread the next time you make garlic bread.
I welcome your feedback and comments, below. Have a question or specific recipe request? I’ll be happy to research and find an answer. Meanwhile… click here to read my blog Can pizza be part of a healthy diet? and put this Roasted Garlic recipe to good use…enjoy.