Greek Salad is a tad bit more elaborate than the typical simple salad to accompany your dinner entrée tonight. This recipe will serve 6 – 8 guests.
- 2 Heads romaine lettuce, coarsely shredded
- 1 Small onion, sliced
- 1 Bunch green onions (scallions) trimmed and chopped
- 4 Sliced radishes
- 12 Good quality black olives
- 1/2 Cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 Tsp dried Oregano
- 12 Cherry tomatoes from your garden, cut in half
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 6-8 Tbls extra virgin olive oil
⇒ Please click here to read my Post “What are the benefits of extra virgin olive oil?“ You’ll be glad you did.
- Combine the romaine lettuce, scallions, onion, radishes, olives, feta cheese, oregano and tomatoes in a salad bowl. I like to rub the inside of my wooden salad bowl with a garlic clove before adding any ingredients.
- Add the lemon juice and toss.
- Add the olive oil, S & P to taste and toss again. Serve and enjoy
I welcome your feedback and comments. If there is a recipe you’d love to get your hands on, let me know and I will help you find it.