Who doesn’t love a delicious dish of pasta? Probably your first experience with pasta was macaroni & cheese…and I’m going to guess that even now, as an adult, you still think of mac & cheese as comfort food. You’re in good company.
There will be a wide variety of easy pasta recipes available for you to prepare for yourself, your family or even a crowd.
Who says you need a fancy pasta machine to prepare homemade pasta?
- In a large bowl, place approximately 4 cups of flour and make a “well” in the center.
- Crack 4 eggs into the “well” with a splash of extra virgin olive oil and a dash of salt.
- Work in the flour gradually with your hands. Remove excess flour.
- Kneed the flour into a ball and rub a tad bit of olive oil on the surface to prevent it from crusting.
- Cover the bowl with a towel and let sit in a warm spot for about 30 minutes.
- Cut a small section, roll out, cut into strips and roll the individual strips again to long thin strips.
⇒ Or, you could leave them a tad thicker and make them shorter for wide noodles.
- Pour some corn meal on a dish and lay the pasta strips across while you make the rest.
- Boil water for the pasta with some salt added. Add the pasta and cook until just tender. The cooking time will be short and will depend on how thick your pasta is.
- Drain, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
I hope you enjoy the pasta dishes you will find here. Please check back often as this site is growing with recipes added on a regular basis.