Planning a cocktail party? These mini onion quiches will be a major hit. You can’t make enough of them and guests will want the recipe. Share if you like….or not.
Cook time: 30 minutes
Makes 2 dozen appetizers
- 3/4 Cup crushed saltine crackers
- 4 Tbls (1/2 stick) melted butter
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 Cup finely chopped green onions (scallions), both the white and green parts
- 2 Tbls butter
- 2 Eggs
- A pinch of nutmeg
- 1 Cup milk
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- 1/4 Tsp pepper
- 1 Cup grated Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Spray mini muffin pan(s) with cooking spray.
- Combine the crushed cracker crumbs with the 4 tbls melted butter and divide the crumbs into each muffin section.
- Melt the 2 tbls butter in a skillet and sauté the green onions, on medium heat, for 10 minutes. Cool
- Divide the onions into each muffin section atop the cracker mixture.
- Divide the grated Swiss cheese into each muffin section atop the green onions.
- Beat the 2 eggs, add the milk, nutmeg and S&P, whisking to combine.
- Pour by spoonfuls on top of the onions & cheese in each muffin section being careful not to overfill each section.
- Bake until set, about 15-20 minutes. Test with a knife in the center of one of the fattest quiches. Do not over bake.
May be stored in the refrigerator or freezer…warm in the oven before serving.
⇒ If you like, add a little minced red pepper for color… just sauté along with the green onions.
I welcome your feedback and comments, below. Have a question or specific recipe request? I’ll be happy to research and find an answer.