Recipe dedicated to Elizabeth…thanks for the request 🙂
Fresh Homemade Organic Cauliflower Pizza Dough
Delicious, vegetarian…and gluten free.
- 1 Medium head fresh organic cauliflower
- 1 Small Vidalia onion finely chopped, optional
- 1/2 Cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 Cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 Tsp dried oregano
- A pinch of Italian seasonings
- 1/2 Tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 Tsp garlic powder or roasted garlic & herb seasoning
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside
- Break up the cauliflower into florets and pulse in a food processor until fine. If you are including onion, pulse it in the food processor with the cauliflower.
⇒If you don’t happen to have a food processor, no worry…simply finely dice the florets and steam as directed. You just may have to steam a bit longer than 10-15 minutes due to the larger pieces of cauliflower.
- Place the cauliflower mixture into steamer basket over a saucepan of boiling water, making sure the water in the saucepan is not high enough to touch the cauliflower. Steam for 10-15 minutes.
⇒If you prefer, you can place the cauliflower in a microwave safe bowl and cook for 7-8 minutes on high. Drain and squeeze out all the water to insure a good crust.
- Drain well and place on a double layer of cheesecloth and squeeze out all of the moisture. This will prevent a soggy pizza dough.
- In a bowl, combine the cauliflower with the rest of the ingredients.
- Transfer this mixture to the cookie sheet and spread into a round or aquare pizza shape.
- Bake 15-20 minutes at 475 degrees
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the top, then a little sauce and return to the oven and bake for an additional 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
How about adding roasted garlic to your pizza sauce?.
⇒Try my recipe Roasted Garlic , click here or check it out in the menu section “…and more”. You’ll be glad you did.
Once you get your dough perfected the way you love it, experiment with different toppings like homemade ricotta with tomatoes and basil…or maybe just spinach.
⇒Click here to try my recipe Homemade Ricotta Cheese or find it in the menu section “…and more”. It’s delicious and once you’ve made it, you’ll never use store bought again.
⇒ Please check out my product review for The Garden Patch GPO1GR-O6 Grow Box. It’s a fantastic self-watering, weed-free, portable garden where you can grow delicious, organic, summer vegetables in very little space.
As always, I welcome your feedback and comments. Do you have any favorite toppings for cauliflower pizza? If so, please share.