How to make garlic bread? You’re going to love this recipe. Garlic bread goes great with pasta dishes and it’s the perfect accompaniment for soups and chowders.
- 8 Tbls (1 stick) of unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2 Tbls minced garlic (or more)
- 1 1/2 Tsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 Tsp chopped chives, optional
- 1/2 Cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Loaf Ciabatta bread or, if you prefer, a French baguette. I love the flavor of Ciabatta bread made with olive oil fresh from the bakery. I think it’s what puts this garlic bread recipe over the top.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Combine the softened butter, garlic and chives, if using.
- Carefully cut the bread loaf in half lengthwise and spread the garlic butter on each half.
- Sprinkle the cheese and parsley over the top of each.
- Place the bread halves on the prepared baking sheet and bake until golden on the edges, about 12 minutes. If you prefer, you can broil them until golden, about 1-2 minutes.
⇒ You can add a sprinkling of shredded sharp cheddar cheese on top. One word…delicious!
- Cut the garlic bread crosswise on the diagonal into 1 1/2 inch slices and serve hot.
⇒ Here’s an idea…arrange the garlic bread on a cutting board with a small bowl of Marinara sauce for dipping.
As always, I look forward to your feedback and comments. How would you rate this delicious garlic bread?