There’s nothing tastier than a giant bowl of hot steamers and melted butter…nothing! Except maybe baked stuffed clams or homemade clam chowder or linguini with homemade clam sauce…oh, don’t get me started!
I urge you to try my Homemade Clam Dip…it is seriously good.
- 1 Cup (or more) clams, minced
- 8 Ounces cream cheese, softened
- Dash of Worcester sauce
- Dash of Old Bay Seasoning
- Splash of chili sauce, to taste
- Combine all the ingredients together except the clams.
- Fold in the minced clams, taste and season as needed or add a pinch of red pepper flakes if you’d like more bite.
This recipe is so old that I remember sitting at the kitchen counter as a child helping Mom prepare this for us to enjoy while dinner was in the oven. Later, after I was tucked into bed, I would sit at the top of the stairs listening to the laughter and chatter of Mom and Dad comparing notes of the day’s events…what patients Dad had seen that day and the latest caper one of us kids had been involved in.
Good memories of a simpler time.