These Chicken Cordon Bleu Nuggets are sooooo delicious and will be a hit at your next cocktail party. Make them small and they will be the perfect one-bite appetizer OR make them a tad larger and serve them for dinner with mashed potatoes and a vegetable. Try adding Parmesan cheese in with the bread crumbs.
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 Cup bread crumbs (I prefer Progresso Italian style)
- 1 Tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 Cup flour
- 6 Deli slices of baked ham, about 5oz cut lengthwise into 4 strips each
- 6 Deli slices of Swiss cheese, about 5oz cut lengthwise into 4 strips each
- 1 Large skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 24 chunks
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray two baking sheets with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with a splash of water
- On a plate, combine the breadcrumbs and dried thyme. On another plate, combine the flour with a pinch of S&P.
- Lay 12 ham strips on a work surface and top each with a strip of cheese. Then place a chicken chunk at the end of each strip and roll up, enclosing the chicken.
- Working with one nugget at a time, carefully and lightly coat with flour, then the egg mixture and finally the breadcrumbs.
- Transfer seam side down to the prepared baking sheets. Lightly spray each with cooking spray and bake until crisp, about 20 minutes.
- Serve on a platter, securing each with a fancy cocktail toothpick.
As always, I welcome your feedback and comments, below. How would you rate this recipe?