Use this simple but deliciously flavorful Pesto as a base on your next homemade pizza. Please check out my Blog…“Can Pizza be part of a healthy diet?“ for ideas and a recipe for homemade pizza dough. Pesto goes great with many pasta dishes, canapes and fish, especially Roasted Salmon.
- 4 Cups packed fresh basil
- 1/2 Cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 1/4 Cup pine nuts (or walnuts if desired)
- 1/2 Cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Combine the basil, pine nuts and garlic in a blender or food processor.
- Add the extra virgin olive oil and Parmesan cheese and blend together.
Store in a small air-tight container in the refrigerator or freezer.
⇒ Please read my product review and then check out The Garden Patch Grow Box. It’s a fantastic portable, weed-free, self-watering mini garden where you can grow your own fresh basil, garlic and lots of other summer time favorites.
As always, I look forward to your comments and feedback. Have a question or specific recipe request? Let me know below and I’ll do my best to get an answer for you.