You just gotta try my Crab Bisque…you’re gonna love it.
- 4 Cups fresh crab meat, cooked and picked over to remove any shells
- 2 Cups chicken stock
⇒ Click here to check out my recipe Homemade Chicken Stock. You’ll be glad you did!
- 1/2 Cup breadcrumbs
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 Sprig fresh parsley
- Grated peel of 1 lemon
- 2 tbls butter
- 2 tbls flour
- 2 Cups light cream
- Pinch of salt and a pinch of cayenne pepper
- Chop the crab meat into bite size chunks and set aside.
- Saute the diced onion in a hot skillet with 1 tbls melted butter and a drizzle of olive oil
- When the onion is soft, place in a soup pot and add the crab meat.
- Add chicken stock, breadcrumbs, onion, parsley and lemon.
- Simmer gently for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, melt the 2 tbls butter in a saucepan and add the flour. Cook, while stirring, over medium-low heat for about 2 minutes. Slowly add the cream and stir. Season with a pinch of salt and cayenne pepper to taste.
- Add to the crab mixture. If desired, season with a small splash of Sherry.
- Serve hot with crusty bread for dunking.
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do. I welcome your feedback and comments. Have a question or specific recipe request? I’ll be happy to research and find an answer.
Check out this great cookware…AND it’s on sale!