This is a delicious breakfast/brunch bake to serve guests using leftover ham from last night’s dinner. Top it with sliced scallions and perhaps a Bloody Mary on the side.
- 8 Cups cubed French bread
- 2 Cups cut fresh asparagus (1″ pieces).
- 1 Cup cubed cooked ham
- 3/4 Cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 6 Egg whites
- 3 Eggs
- 1 1/2 Cups fat-free milk
- 2 tbls lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, combine the bread, asparagus, ham and cheese.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg whites, eggs, milk, lemon juice and garlic powder; pour over the bread mixture and stir until blended.
- Transfer to a 13 x9 inch baking dish, coated with cooking spray.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- Uncover and bake another 8-10 minutes longer or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let stand for 10 minutes and serve.
I welcome your feedback and comments. Have a question or specific recipe request? I’ll be happy to research and find an answer.
Click here to check out the perfect baking dish at the best price: