Summer is here and this BLT pasta salad is a light and delicious choice for any day when you just don’t feel like eating anything heavy. The best part is, it only takes about 30 minutes before you can dig in.
Serves up to 6
For the Dressing:
- 1 Cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 Cup lemon juice
- 2 Tsps sugar
- 2 Tsps instant chicken bouillon
⇒Whisk all together and keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- 1 12-14oz Package rotini or bow tie pasta, cooked, drained and drizzled with a little extra virgin olive oil. Stir to combine.
- 12-15 Slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 3 Large tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/2 Cup sliced green onions (scallions), both the white and green parts.
- 1 Head iceberg lettuce, thinly sliced, set aside
⇒ Check out the Garden Patch GPO1GR-O6 Grow Box but first read my product review where I discuss the pros and cons. This is a fantastic weed-free, self-watering portable mini-garden to grow your own fresh vegetables. You’ll have an entire summer of fresh lettuce and tomatoes. It pays for itself in just a few weeks and you’ll have it for years of fresh summer vegetables.
- Combine the pasta, tomatoes and green onions in a large bowl.
- When ready to serve, place a layer (or handful) of shredded lettuce on each plate.
- Add a layer of the pasta mixture and top it off with a handful of crumbled bacon.
- Drizzle the dressing over the top.
- As you eat the salad, toss it all together on your dish so every bite has a bit of everything in it.
⇒ You can always half this recipe for the two of you OR store the pasta mixture in one bowl, the crumbled bacon in another bowl, the dressing in a third bowl and the lettuce in the fourth bowl. Just layer it all together for a quick meal on a hot summer day.
⇒ This would also be great to make on a Sunday night so dinner is a breeze for the next few hectic work days.
I hope you’ll love this as much as I do! I welcome your feedback and comments. Have a question or a specific recipe request? I’ll be happy to research and find an answer.