Make something amazing today…the best moist banana bread out there.
Bananas are the perfect food. Full of antioxidants and vitamins, they have SO many health benefits. Everything from improving your mood, lowering blood pressure, preventing muscle cramps to aiding in digestion…and so much more.
Did you know... you can remove a wart using the inside of a banana peel? And you can put a nice shine on leather shoes and handbags by rubbing the inside of the peel on the leather and then polishing with a dry cloth. Who knew!
- 3 Very ripe bananas OK…maybe 4
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1 Egg
- 3 Tbls vegetable or canola oil
- 1 Tsp pure vanilla extract
⇒ Never use artificial vanilla extract.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 Tsp baking soda
- 1 Tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Grease and lightly flour a loaf pan.
- Peel the bananas and mash them in a bowl with a fork. Don’t worry about small chunks. Set aside
- In a mixing bow, blend the sugar, egg, oil and vanilla extract and beat until well combined.
- Beat in the flour, baking soda and salt until the batter is smooth.
- Add the mashed bananas and stir to combine.
- Pour into the prepared loaf pan and place in the oven. Immediately reduce the temperature to 350 degrees.
- Bake approximately 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool 10 minutes before removing the bread from the pan.
Memories...I loved making banana bread to send to my daughter while she was away in college. A delicious treat from home to supplement the cafeteria food she endured for four years. I used small loaf pans so she had a few to share with friends in the dorm. Not sure if she ever did.
As always, I look forward to your comments and feedback. Please leave them below along with anything you would like to share…did you look forward to a favorite package from home while away at school? I’d love to hear about it.