Summer is finally here and soon local fresh asparagus will be ready for harvest. Healthy, fresh and vibrant Asparagus Ravioli Pasta is easy to prepare and can be on the table in less than an hour for an amazing dinner tonight.
- One 12oz package fresh refrigerated chicken filled ravioli
- 12oz Fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and roughly chopped
- A few shaved or thinly sliced asparagus tips for garnish
- 3 Tbls butter
- 3 Cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbls flour
- 3 Tbls Parmesan cheese
- 2 1/2 Cups milk
- 1 Tbls fresh tarragon
- 1 Tbls grated lemon peel and a few shaved lemon peels for garnish
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a casserole or deep-dish pie plate with cooking spray
- Prepare the pasta according to package instructions. When done, remove pasta with a slotted spoon.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the asparagus into the hot pasta water. Cook for 1 minute, drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the milk and flour to the garlic butter and cook until it thickens and is bubbly. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese, tarragon, lemon peel and salt.
- Spread 1/3 of this sauce in the casserole dish. Arrange half the ravioli over the sauce. Then 1/3 more of the sauce and then the roughly chopped asparagus.
- Arrange the other half of the ravioli over the asparagus and then the remaining sauce.
- Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes until bubbly. Let stand for 5-10 minutes.
- Top the hot pasta dish with the thinly sliced asparagus tips, shaved lemon peel and a sprinkle of grated Parm.
I welcome your feedback and comments. Did you enjoy this pasta dish as much as I do? If you can’t find fresh chicken ravioli, there are others available like 3 cheese. They’re fast, fresh and delicious and a great shortcut instead of making your own.